Problem with run the SQL Server Agent Job in SSMS

• Hi Friends,

I created a Job schedule to run a SSIS package through SSMS.

The Job is created successfully, but it is not executing at the scheduled time. I am getting the error message when i saw the view history log. The message is like,

The job failed. The Job was invoked by User HOL_DEV\satish.banda. The last step to run was step 1 (teststep).

Iam not understanding, where iam doing mistake.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks

sathish

• You need to configure logging in your package and get the actual SSIS error messages.

• Have you looked at the details in the job history for the actual step, step 1? From what you cut/pasted, that sounds like the information from the overall job (StepName = Job Outcome), but not the failing step.

Click the '+' to expand the job history details and select the row for step 1 (StepName = teststep).

Apologies if that is already what you've done, but obviously from the text it doesn't give any troubleshooting information.

(and what Michael said - not much experience with SSIS yet, here)

"Got no time for the jibba jabba!"
    -B.A. Baracus

• SSIS does not return much to the job history. You really have to use logging to get anything useful.

• Michael Earl (5/2/2008)

SSIS does not return much to the job history. You really have to use logging to get anything useful.

Yes, even drilling down to the correct step doesn't help much... maybe the relevant message is there, maybe it isn't... (or maybe that's even with logging on - not familiar with it) :hehe:

"Got no time for the jibba jabba!"
    -B.A. Baracus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply