Problem with KB4532095 installation

• Has anyone else had trouble installing this security patch?  It starts up and I get to the screen where I have to select my instances and it won't select anything... my instance is running and I can connect to it.  But the update patch won't let me select anything on this screen.  Any thoughts on what to do?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• I also am have experiencing this, but only on some servers. I can't yet figure out why. It's saying

" The installed SQL Server product version is 12.0.2000.8, and the expected SQL Server version is 12.3.6024.0."

12.0.2000.8 = SQL 2014 GDR, 12.3.6024.0. = SQL 2014 SP3.

I have confirmed in SQL Server configuration manager that it is running 12.3.6024.0.

• I resolved the issue by doing this one instead:

Security Update for SQL Server 2014 SP3 CU4 (KB4535288)

Not sure why the 2095 one wasn't working ... I guess it was just the wrong patch for the version I had?  Maybe that will help you too.  I had to do a lot of digging on Google before I found the right one.  Its odd that there are a bunch that seem to be for the same version but they really aren't.

• amy26 wrote:

I resolved the issue by doing this one instead:

Security Update for SQL Server 2014 SP3 CU4 run 3 (KB4535288)

Not sure why the 2095 one wasn't working ... I guess it was just the wrong patch for the version I had?  Maybe that will help you too.  I had to do a lot of digging on Google before I found the right one.  Its odd that there are a bunch that seem to be for the same version but they really aren't.

Thanks for the update instruction.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  owenhayes.
  • Just to close the loop on this for me.

I eventually found that the SP3 that was installed was only applied to the shared features, and not to the SQL Server instance. This is why I was not able to install the security patch, but it was still showing up that SP3 was installed.

So, to fix it, I installed SP3 again for the SQL server instance, and then was happily able to install the KB4532095 patch.

Hope this helps others that may come across similar issues in future.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply