Problem when printing a report

• Hello,

First of all, I'm new to reporting services and I'm using rs2008. I've made a very pretty report with a graph and below a table with the detailed data, and there's also a header with the report title and a footer with the company details. In the table, one column is grouped. I added a total for the other columns too. The data for the other columns is folded and can be opened with the +sign.

On the screen, everything looks well

but...

when I'm trying to pring the report, sometimes (when there's much data), on page 1 there is only the graph (1/4th of the page) and the table headers, the rest of the page is empty (more than half of the page). The rest of the data is put on page 2 and 3. When I have less data (using other parameters) the data is put also on page 1 (instead of the empty space) and on page 2.

Can anybody explain this behaviour to me and tell me how I can avoid that empty space. I guess it's something very basic!

Many thanks!!!! :hehe::cool::w00t:;-):-P:-D:-)

Bart

• Anybody can help me?

• Hi Bart,

Do you have the KeepTogether property set to True on your table? If so, that could be what's causing the table to start on a new page. You could also check the PageBreakAtStart property.

• Hello,

KeepTogether is set on False... And for there is not a pagebreak at the start added for the tablix. Or was this not a tablix-property?

Thx!!

ezytime (12/1/2009)

Hi Bart,

Do you have the KeepTogether property set to True on your table? If so, that could be what's causing the table to start on a new page. You could also check the PageBreakAtStart property.

• Yes you're right, in SSRS 2008 it is the PageBreak property on the tablix. If that is set to Start it would explain the behavior you're experiencing. Otherwise, I don't know!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply