problem

• DateTimevalue1= (given)

DatetimeValue2=?

I need to find out DatetimeValue2 from a source table in remote server using these values and pull data between DateTimevalue1 and DatetimeValue2.

Dateime2 will be a column in the source table based on some calculation and greater than DateTimevalue1.

I am trying to get these values to variable values in ssis and use them as parameters in dataflow task and pull data between the two date ranges – how can this be achieved? Thanks.

• peacesells (8/2/2013)

DateTimevalue1= (given)

DatetimeValue2=?

I need to find out DatetimeValue2 from a source table in remote server using these values and pull data between DateTimevalue1 and DatetimeValue2.

Dateime2 will be a column in the source table based on some calculation and greater than DateTimevalue1.

I am trying to get these values to variable values in ssis and use them as parameters in dataflow task and pull data between the two date ranges – how can this be achieved? Thanks.

Any particular reason to resort to SSIS instead of a simple query targeting the remote database?

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • PaulB-TheOneAndOnly (8/2/2013)

peacesells (8/2/2013)

DateTimevalue1= (given)

DatetimeValue2=?

Any particular reason to resort to SSIS instead of a simple query targeting the remote database?

Do you mean use linked server? I will need to loop through multiple servers and databases that have the same table structure and i need to get the same info before i can load data from these server.

• This might help get you started:

http://thesqldev.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/iterate-over-databases-using-ssis-part-2/

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply