Post Replies

• It is possible to post replies or quoted replies to a topic. If I post a reply and meant to post a quoted reply, should it not be possible to either change the post type or delete the one that you did not intend to post?

• i always think of the quoted reply as an easy copy/ paste shortcut.

In the past, when i've wanted to add the quoted to a previous item i already posted, i've hit quoted reply, copied the code, then edited my post so i can paste it in.

so it's possible to do after the fact, but not in an automated fashion.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I CUT my reply, press BACK, press QUOTE and then PASTE my reply into that box.

I press the [+] at the right end of the "Last 10 Posts In Descending Order" at the bottom of the reply window to be able to refer back to (some) earlier posts whilst making my reply. (I use two different computers and it seems that that setting is machine-dependent, rather than a setting on my logon.)

• This is a bug that's not simple to fix. Or it hasn't been. The forum software miscounts at times when new posts are added in rapid sequence. This has been reported, but not yet fixed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply