Performance improvement of dashboard report

• I have a dashboard report which has 7 data set. The report load or rendering takes 17 sec .Thought some issue with queries.

But have checked all the queries and checked individual query response time also. All the query response time is very good. Only one query takes 4 sec. Rest all queries get executed within 2 seconds. Then what I did I ran all the queries in batch. Total response time 6 seconds. I think query response time is very goo(correct me if am wrong). But when I try to access the report using report manager it takes 17 sec. How can I tune. What all areas I need to look. Please guide me

• Check the execution log of Reporting Services.

It will detail how many seconds it did over retrieving the data and how many time it took to render the report itself.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Have checked the Execution Log. It says the same thing. Apart from this any thing I can do to improve

• Smash125 (10/23/2013)

Have checked the Execution Log. It says the same thing. Apart from this any thing I can do to improve

If the report takes 16 seconds to execute, the execution log will specify how many seconds each part took.

Which was the longest one?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• While investigating performance issues, I have noticed the choice of browser makes a large impact on report performance especially for large datasets.

Some versions of Internet Explorer seem to wait until all data is available in a table before displaying while Firefox seems to begin displaying as soon as any data is available.

Another possibility is the network connection to the client. I have seen instances where the SSRS says the report is finished in seconds, but takes minutes to get to the client and render.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply