passing parameter from one report to another (SSAS database)?

• Hi,

I created two reports using SSAS Databse as the report datasource.I need to call one report from another report while clicking one of the textbox(text Box properties--> action --> Hyperlink GO to Report)

1) How should I pass the parameter from one report to another (bcos I should pass like this [Month].[Month Name]&[09] ) ?

2) How Should I pass the parameter if I am using hyperlink "go to URL" to call the report?

Thanks,

Leoiser

• Try this

1. Select the second report , select the report parameter from report menu and add one parameter for company name ( ie.Company ) and specify the properties

2. Goto first report , right click on the particular textbox cell from where you want to navigate and select the properties

3. In properties window choose navigation tab and select jump to radio button and specify the second report name and click on the parameter button ..this will open parameter dialog box , in that you should specify the parameter name and value (parameter name we can choose from drop down (ie .Company), and value should be "=Parameters!CompanyName.Value")

4. Preview the first report and click on the textbox cell from where you want to jump to second one ..it will open the second report and will display a textbox with the comapny name from the first report.

5. If you want to pass the compnay name to database for any further operation you should select the Data tab of the second report and select the Edit dataset option (...symbol near th DatasetName) , in tha t dialog box select the parameters tab and specify the parameters name ( name should be same as what you have specified in the stored procedure or in Query) and value (=Parameters!Company.value)

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply