Package failed

• Hi,

I have a DFT in a package which loads around 2lakhs records in to destination but, it fails loading after 1 lakh records, my package was checkpoint enabled. I rectified the error in DFT and rerun the package. I want to make sure that it will load the data from starting onwards or will it load from the remaining rows ?

• reddychaitanyakrishna (5/13/2015)

Hi,

I have a DFT in a package which loads around 2lakhs records in to destination but, it fails loading after 1 lakh records, my package was checkpoint enabled. I rectified the error in DFT and rerun the package. I want to make sure that it will load the data from starting onwards or will it load from the remaining rows ?

I don't use checkpoints in SSIS, but I believe that they work at the Control Flow level.

As the entire data flow is a single control flow item, I would assume that the entire data flow task will be rerun & it will not only load remaining rows.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Ditto.

Package will load from starting.

AP
  • Hi According to me Checkpoint is used to restart the package from the point point where it fail.

so u can seee that when your package failed one files are getting created once you solve the issue and when you reran that package it will start loading where it failed

• vipin_jha123 (5/13/2015)

Hi According to me Checkpoint is used to restart the package from the point point where it fail.

so u can seee that when your package failed one files are getting created once you solve the issue and when you reran that package it will start loading where it failed

According to Microsoft:

Defining Restart Points

The task host container, which encapsulates a single task, is the smallest atomic unit of work that can be restarted. The Foreach Loop container and a transacted container are also treated as atomic units of work.

If a package is stopped while a transacted container is running, the transaction ends and any work performed by the container is rolled back. When the package is restarted, the container that failed is rerun. The completion of any child containers of transacted container is not recorded in the checkpoint file. Therefore, when the package is restarted, the transacted container and its child containers run again.

So the restart happens at the task level, not at the exact point of failure.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply