ORDER BY

• First Option is correct, no error is displayed whatsoever.....

I want the point 🙂

• "Semper in excretia, sumus solum profundum variat "

How true, and on this question, the depth is excessive. 🙂

• johntam (5/7/2008)

"Semper in excretia, sumus solum profundum variat "

Yeah no good shouting when your upto your eyeballs in it 😀

Hiding under a desk from SSIS Implemenation Work :crazy:

• Shaun McGuile (5/7/2008)

johntam (5/7/2008)

"Semper in excretia, sumus solum profundum variat "

Yeah no good shouting when your upto your eyeballs in it 😀

Wish I could get it that shallow, TBH :w00t:

Semper in excretia, suus solum profundum variat

• Works fine in SQL2000.. you'd get the start date column twice (once at start, once wherever it naturally sits in the order of columns on the table.. and order by would work just fine)

*Raises fist at being accused of being wrong*

:p

• janine.rawnsley (5/7/2008)

Works fine in SQL2000.. you'd get the start date column twice (once at start, once wherever it naturally sits in the order of columns on the table.. and order by would work just fine)

And so it continues..... 😀

(I personally hope we get to 30 pages!)

• Shaun McGuile (5/7/2008)

janine.rawnsley (5/7/2008)

Works fine in SQL2000.. you'd get the start date column twice (once at start, once wherever it naturally sits in the order of columns on the table.. and order by would work just fine)

And so it continues..... 😀

(I personally hope we get to 30 pages!)

Shaun,

LMAO

wait until 2008 comes out.

Q

Please take a number. Now serving emergency 1,203,894

• I've just realised. If someone reports a SQL Server bug to Microsoft, they can post it as a QOTD to see how much of a problem it is....

Question: You're moving a data file to a new location on the third Thursday of a leap year, and realise it's a full moon tonight. Whilst the data is copying, you accidentally hit CTRL+FN+F10, then spill coffee on your keyboard. What is the result?

a. Your server immediately shows a blue screen of death and collapses irretrievably in an expensive heap of scrap metal

b. The data finishes copying fine

c. You turn into a werewolf

Subsequent forum comments:

- Well, it works fine for me

- Can't find it documented anywhere

- The theoretical right answer should be c, so who cares what happens in practice

- Hmm. Can see a difference between versions of SQL Server. Is this a bug?

• Yeah and what would happen if it were Oracle?

Should that be a MS werewolf (mode80 or 90)? 😉

• Shaun McGuile (5/8/2008)

Yeah and what would happen if it were Oracle?

Answer C would involve a vampire, 'cos the Oracle Corporation can get blood out of a stone 😉

• majorbloodnock (5/8/2008)

I've just realised. If someone reports a SQL Server bug to Microsoft, they can post it as a QOTD to see how much of a problem it is....

Question: You're moving a data file to a new location on the third Thursday of a leap year, and realise it's a full moon tonight. Whilst the data is copying, you accidentally hit CTRL+FN+F10, then spill coffee on your keyboard. What is the result?

a. Your server immediately shows a blue screen of death and collapses irretrievably in an expensive heap of scrap metal

- The theoretical right answer should be c, so who cares what happens in practice

More comments:

- This is a problem on Thursday 19th January 2068 (the next '3rd Thursday of a leap year which is also a full moon') so I think MS should urgently work on a fix and issue it as a forced hidden upgrade to all customers.

- The questioner didn't specify whether the coffee was decaffeinated.

P.S.: How can you tell I've got an interest in astronomy and various calendars?

Derek

• Derek Dongray (5/8/2008)

majorbloodnock (5/8/2008)

I've just realised. If someone reports a SQL Server bug to Microsoft, they can post it as a QOTD to see how much of a problem it is....

More comments:

- This is a problem on Thursday 19th January 2068 (the next '3rd Thursday of a leap year which is also a full moon') so I think MS should urgently work on a fix and issue it as a forced hidden upgrade to all customers.

Could be because you are a lycanthrope? 😀

• Derek Dongray (5/8/2008)

majorbloodnock (5/8/2008)

More comments:

Since this won't occur until 2068 we are in the clear. The Mayan calendar says that Dec 21 2012 will be the end. I believe that corresponds whith our sun being in the center of the Galaxy. I guess that also takes care of the Social Security problems! 😉

Q

• Q we've all seen TNG - Its really you and Picard isn't it that destroys creation? come on now fess up!

on a side note - bugger I though it was 23rd December 2012 - damn have to change the holidays I've got booked!

• Picard is an arrogant.... I just opened the pathway. He gets the credit for the demise of your insignificant world. I have odds that your race doesn't make it to Dec 21, 2012, but if you do, the experience will be thrilling. 😀

By the way what was the QOTD, anyways? Oh yeah it worke for me in 2000. But then again I am Q. 😉

Q

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 182 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply