Oracle to Sql

• I've been tasked to convert Oracle reports .rdf files to SSRS and I am curious if anyone has used an app to open these report definition files successfully. When I open them in like notepad and excel they have a lot of garbage in them, is there any product that opens them cleaner so I would be able to extract the SQL code?

• did you bother googling? there are a few tools (mostly commercial) including one from Oracle that can either put them on a format you can read or that will convert to SSRS directly.

• I'm just curious are all of you always so rude? Of course I googled it, nah really I just jumped on and wanted someone else to do all the research.

• well.. first link I got when I searched was the one that Oracle themselves supply - so I wonder if you did find it on your googling and did you test it and if it didn't do what you needed what issues did you find?

and did you try any of the other direct conversions from Oracle to SSRS?

• I just have the .rdf file, no oracle on machine, no conversion tools, which is what I am looking for. An app that someone may have used to open them to eliminate most of the garbage when opened in like notepad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply