ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied The process could not connect to Subscriber ''mars''. The step failed.

• Distribution Agents failed - The process could not connect to Subscriber 'mars'.

ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

(Source: mars (Data source); Error number: 1005)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

(Source: ODBC Driver Manager (ODBC); Error number: IM006)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

(Source: ODBC Driver Manager (ODBC); Error number: IM006)

This is a transactional replication

I tested the ORACLE ODBC connection - connection successful

I'm just wondering where do you provide the password.

• http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms170790.aspx

Read this it says oracle can publish data i am not sure whether it can subscribe data.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

• This is in SQL Server 2000

No one have same issue before?

• I figure out the problem...

• Hi to all

just save the password and test it.

i think it is in sql server 2005, after testing connection

check the " allow saving the password". it might helpful to you

• Can you post what you did to solve the problem?

I get following error when I try to run a dts package to move data to oracle database.

Information: 0x4004300A at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.

Error: 0xC0202009 at DtsText, Connection manager "Tdphdb.sp1jjaga2": An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "OraOLEDB" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied".

Error: 0xC020801C at Data Flow Task, OLE DB Destination [449]: The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Tdphdb.sp1jjaga2" failed with error code 0xC0202009.

Error: 0xC0047017 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: component "OLE DB Destination" (449) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

Error: 0xC004700C at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: One or more component failed validation.

Error: 0xC0024107 at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.

SSIS package "DtsText.dtsx" finished: Failure.

The program '[4856] DtsText.dtsx: DTS' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

thanks

Shree

• How did u figure out the problem?

i am getting the problem

:ODBC Error Code = 28000 (Invalid authorization specification)

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

• I am facing the same problem.. The package is running fine through debugger but when i create SQL job following error is thrown :

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "OraOLEDB" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied". End Error Error: 2008-09-25 00:00:32.91 Code: 0xC020801C Source: DFT - ETL stage I. The step failed.

Any idea how to solve this??

Regards

• How did you fix it?

• Hi, first you must alter package properties 'save sensitive with user password' and enter password for the package. When you run in debug mode you will have to enter this password.

To run this as a job simply pass the password in the command line. For example:

dtexec.exe /De

Now if only I could solve my Oracle 'null password' problem.....

• I was having tons of issues connecting to an Oracle 10g-RAC database from Visual 2008 BIDS in 64-bit Windows 2008. The only issue I am not able to resolve is connecting to the load balancing Node. I can only connect to each individual node in the Oracle RAC, but not the master node.

Here's a list of problems and solutions --

Problem: Could not connect to Oracle after installing Oracle 64-bit client

Solution: Opened up ports in Firewall, installed oracle-32-bit client

Problem: Could not connect to Oracle in Visual Studio BIDS

Solution: Verify you can connect to Oracle using SQLPlus. If so, then you need to install to Oracle ODAC for Visual Studio: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/dotnet/utilsoft-086879.html

Problem: Could not connect execute BIDS package in debug mode.

Solution: Go to project -> properties -> debugging and set Run64BitRunTime to FALSE

Problem: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

Solution: Use an ADO.NET connection source and create and use a System DSN to the Oracle database.

• Problem: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

Solution: Use an ADO.NET connection source and create and use a System DSN to the Oracle database. [/quote]

That didn't work for me. What did work, and this is documented if you look hard enough, is to get your Oracle password from a configuration file. I tend to use XML files for this purpose.

And how in the world did you manage to get a point here on SqlServerCentral.com without logging a visit? 😀

Ken

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply