Opening and Closing balance of each activity

• <!--more-->

Hi Guys,

I am working on MySQL to get opening and closing balance of each activity per day. I have only 4 columns: Sample Data

I have these columns from the source data table. Activity Date, MEASURES, PROCESSED, RECEIVED:

I want to write logic in MYSQL:

Opening balance = Previous Day of the closing balance

Closing Balance = Opening Balance + Received - Processed

It needs some recursive adaption to make this happen because the opening balance depends on the previous day of closing balance and closing balance depends on the opening balance.

Let me know if you need more details.

• You'd be better off posting in a MySQL forum - this one is for SQL Server.  You're probably right - you'll need a recursive solution.  Wherever you seek help, I recommend that you provide table DDL and sample data in a format that allows people to easily create it in their environment, and that you show what you've already tried.

John

• Thanks for the response.

If I get any help in SQL Server then will try to implement in MYSQL as well.

Sample DDL:

CREATE TABLE Open_Clos_Bala ( DATE_ACT DATE, Measure CHAR(100), PROCESSED FLOAT, RECEIVED FLOAT)

INSERT INTO coyote_dashboard.open_clos_bala (DATE_ACT, Measure, PROCESSED, RECEIVED) VALUES ('2019-12-10', 'Carrrier', '1000', '800')

INSERT INTO coyote_dashboard.open_clos_bala (DATE_ACT, Measure, PROCESSED, RECEIVED) VALUES ('2019-12-11', 'Carrrier', '800', '600')

INSERT INTO coyote_dashboard.open_clos_bala (DATE_ACT, Measure, PROCESSED, RECEIVED) VALUES ('2019-12-10', 'Quick Pay', '1500', '1300')

INSERT INTO coyote_dashboard.open_clos_bala (DATE_ACT, Measure, PROCESSED, RECEIVED) VALUES ('2019-12-11', 'Quick Pay', '1800', '700')

• I got the solution for this!

Thanks,

Farooqh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply