OLE DB issues after SQL2000 install

• I installed a named instance of SQL2000 on one of our dev servers, and kept

the current SQL 7 instance running. I then copied one of the databases from

the 7.0 instance to the 2000 instance to test on. Everything works great

except the ASP pages. We are getting errors that the SP's that the ASP

calls, do not exist in the database. If we configure the ASP to use a DSN

instead of OLE DB, it works fine?

Any ideas?

PS - the ASP still runs fine on the 7.0 instance.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

• If ASP is runnign on a seperate server then your issue is probably from whatever version of the MDAC you are running. Install at least the one shipped on the SQL 2000 disk or download the latest from Microsoft.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• That was my first thought but the ASP's, IIS, and SQL Server are on the same machine.

• First what is the exact error and are you using " identifiers in the SP? (Or better can you post the SP itself)

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• error = "specified object (proc name) does not exist"

The problem is with all the procs called by the ASP. Here is the connection string.

SERVER=SERVERNAME\SQL2000;DB=db-name;UID=userA;PWD=userA;PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB

If I change the server reference to the SQL 7 instance, the procs run fine.

If I reference the 2000 instance and connect via a DSN instead of the SQLOLEDB provider, it works fine.

I used the Copy Database Wizard so the databases should be exactly the same on both servers.

Thanks for the help!

• Look in Client Network Utility and see if the SQL7 instance is defined there. If so make sure the SQL2000 instance is as well. I am still looking for anything else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply