Oldest Unsent Transaction/alert for time behind

• I keep receiving the following email:

The alert for 'time behind' has been raised. The current value of '609' surpasses the threshold '10'.

I know why I am getting the mail, it's because of the threshold I setup in the mirroring monitor. There are several databases being mirrored from this server to another. All are transferring just fine, except this one database. I checked each server and they are hardly being taxed. I don't believe there is an issue with the bandwidth since the other databases are transferring with no issues.

The big question I have is why is there a time behind alert when there is nothing to send? I have attached a screen print of the mirror monitor so you can see all the values. When I logged on initially the status said synchronized but the oldest unsent transaction was high, all other values were 0. I went ahead and paused mirroring and restarted to try and "refresh", but this hasn't changed anything except the status is now hanging at synchronizing instead.

I have hit this issue a few times and it always eventually resolves itself. But I would like to be able to fix the issue, rather than let it heal on it's own at some point in time. I have run out of ideas

Can someone please help?

• I am having the same issue on SQL 2008 with SP 2010..

did you ever get to the bottom of the issues?

• Not really. We did find that if we asked the application owner to force a change then it would resolve. At least that way we didn't have to wait until who knows when for it to resolve itself.

• I just had the same problem. I think there is a bug-report concerning this issue:

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/675830/spurious-oldest-unsent-transaction-alerts-for-database-mirroring

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply