Not receive database weekly in the last two weeks

• I didn't receieve database weekly in the last two weeks. Anyone else has this problem?

My reigistered email is hotmail. It worked fine before, and I am still getting daily newsletter.

• We've definitely sent the one from this week to you. I'd suggest you check and be sure that it didn't get filtered for some reason.

• Thanks Steve.

I checked my email settings, I donot have any filters setup. I haven't got today's newsletter too.

I got the notification email for your reply though.

Not sure what's going on. I'll do more check on my email setting if I can't get tomorrow's newsletter, or try to use a different email accoutn.

• Strange, my status is showed offline when I logged in, even when I reply the post

• I did not receive it too.  I did not change anything.

• Are you using a 'public' service like Yahoo and MSN, or a proprietary service, like your employer's (for example)? If a big public service, it's possible that the mail service is filtering for whatever reason. Check your junk mail before you empty it, just in case it's being misdirected.

• Did not receive today's (7/19/07) e-mail. Blocked due the word a$$ ($ added, e-mailed  word used ss in place of $$) being found someplace in the e-mail.

Not the first time or first e-mail that had been blocked by the language filter.

• I've asked someone to look into this, so you may get an email about it.

• I use Hotmail for many things, including the SQL Server Central daily mailing. Missing mailings is pretty common - several a month is common. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern and usually is only one days mailing, though occasionally it's two or more in a row. Other newletters get through just fine, so I don't think this is a filtering or spam-trap problem.

Steve G.

• My regular daily subscription has gone sporadic, starting in June with just a few, July was much worse.  The 7/19 is missing, and 7/22-29 all missing.  The last one I got was 7/29 - nothing since.  I'm on "company" email.

I got Database Weekly for 7/09 and 7/23 only.

Here there be dragons...,

Steph Brown

• Was there a newsletter on 8/1?

If there wasn't, I haven't had any problems regarding newsletter delivery.  If there was, this is the only instance I've encountered.  I get my delivery at my work address and they don't filter out email (or so they keep saying every time I ask).

Don't know if they have a language filter, though. 

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• There was one on 8/1 and I had some people have filter issues in Exchange. Not sure why, but I got reports of it being snagged in Exchange before it got to Outlook.

• Steve,

Maybe the site should have an area with a newsletter archive.  That way people who don't get their newsletter delivered for some odd reason can go out and download or access or have emailed to a different address the one(s) they missed?

Just a thought.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• You mean like

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/newsletter/?

Mattie

• Oh, Hush!!! @=)

I'll admit I didn't even look before I made that suggestion...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply