Next row begins

• This works, other then Item Number being an INTEGER because there are Item Numbers that have Alpha characters in them.

• Thank You for your assistance, with a little tweaking I think I can get the description new, It is only returning the first letter, "T", but if all else fails I really don't need the name, "sh Long Description". I just really need the Ship to Customer to join the other tables.

• cbrammer1219 - Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:00 AM

Thank You for your assistance, with a little tweaking I think I can get the description new, It is only returning the first letter, "T", but if all else fails I really don't need the name, "sh Long Description". I just really need the Ship to Customer to join the other tables.

if you would care to post some scripts for table creation and sample data....that do work  (ie anyone can copy and pate in SSMS and it works without errors) then I am sure we can help you "tweak" to get your desired results.
    Personally I don have the time to go back thro old scripts and excel files to produce something to test and demonstrate on.  No Offence meant.

• I just had to change VARCHAR(25) to NVARCHAR(50) and it returned the full name,

,CAST(SUBSTRING(MAX(CAST(ID AS BINARY(4)) + CAST(NULLIF([sh Long Description], '') AS VARBINARY(50))) OVER(ORDER BY id ROWS UNBOUNDED PRECEDING), 5, 50) AS NVARCHAR(50)) AS [sh Long Description]

and no offense taken, appreciate your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply