Newsletter and blacklisting by ISPs/Web hosters

• I have been receiving the newsletter for well over 2 years now until the 15th of this month.  I contacted the guys here who run this wonderful site asking if it was me or if the newsletter was not sent.  I received a prompt response stating that the newsletter went out.

I attempted to change e-mail accounts (still with same provider) thinking ok may be a problem with the account.  Still no newsletter.  I finally called last night (talk about problems attempting to find phone numbers...)

Turns out that the same day I stopped getting the newsletter my web hoster instituted new SPAM filtering.  Apparently, they had some ports they closed and tightened their rules.  The tech changed some setting on my account and hopefully this will resolve it.

I would not have thought about this until it happened to me.  Something for all of us to think about when we e-mail information or newsletters etc.

I hope when I get home today I will have the newsletter again.

Just figured I would throw this out there.

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• AJ,

Thanks for the note. Most of the problems we have had are with SPAM filters. Whitelisting can help, but when it's at a postmaster level, we or the user typically has to work with the postmaster to add us to the "ok" list.

• I did contact them and they have requested some bounce e-mails from people I know had e-mail returned.  I did not contact you because I am sure the sheer volume of e-mails you get bounce returns is too great to paw through.

If I don't get the newsletter today I am going to contact them again and try and get the newsletter re-whitelisted.

I'll attempt to keep you posted

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply