New Rules

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item New Rules

• Good question thanks Steve.

• Bit of a strange question, teaching me about something I wasn't aware of but which I won't ever use as it's been deprecated!

• Grief, haven't used rules in ages (last used in SQL2000).
    prefer to use check constraints, myself

• Didn't know these existed, now i know, but i didn't need to to know since they are being deprecated 🙂

• Thanks for this question. I find it odd that the feature would not have returned an error about conflicting rules. Especially since it apparently silently allowed additional rules to be created that override previous rules.

- webrunner

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• webrunner - Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:04 AM

Thanks for this question. I find it odd that the feature would not have returned an error about conflicting rules. Especially since it apparently silently allowed additional rules to be created that override previous rules.

- webrunner

Maybe that's one reason it's being deprecated...

• sknox - Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:46 AM

webrunner - Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:04 AM

Thanks for this question. I find it odd that the feature would not have returned an error about conflicting rules. Especially since it apparently silently allowed additional rules to be created that override previous rules.

- webrunner

Maybe that's one reason it's being deprecated...

Lol good point.

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• Definitely deprecated, but I know there are systems using these and you might run into an older, or upgraded, system. Hence my decision to build a few questions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply