NEW + MODIFIED Subscriptions not running in RS2000

• Hi There

I've not managed to find an answer already about this, and so I know you guys will be able to help me out becuase your great!!!

Our Reporting Services portal is acting strangely, all the existing reports we have subscriptions for are running fine.

However should we change the list of contacts or the dates or times of any exisiting schedule this stops our reports from being delivered, infact the report run time will pass, but the report will not run and even in the Subscriptions table of RS the last status will only show "New Subscription".

So whatever is happening, it is not triggering the correct work flow. (Thats my thought at least)

We examined SQL Agent logs to uncover that the Login used to run the reports was running the existing reports without issue, however the new subscriptions would give the following error:

[298] SQLServer Error: 8198, Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'SERVERNAME\REPORTING_ACCOUNT'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (ConnIsLoginSysAdmin)

The server name and account have been changed to protect the gullible and innocent

I do hope someone else can provide some insight into my issues

Thanks in advance

Tristan

• Our DBAs seem to have got there before you guys,

we tried looking at all sorts of things to find out what might have caused / remedy this.

and we are not sure what caused it but we did teh following which cuased my email box to fill up with all the reports that were supposed to have run.

We tried the following, resetting the owner of the SQL Agent Jobs, and also resetting the login ie 'SERVERNAME\REPORTING_ACCOUNT'

which cured the issue, hopefully no one else has this issue but if you do I hope this helps

Thanks

Tristan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply