Multiple SSISDB

• Hi,
    I need to merge multiple SQL Server 2012 servers into one.  Those existing servers have their own SSISDB.  The new server is also going to be 2016.  So it is both the merge and upgrade from 2012 to 2016.

What would be the best approach to do this?  Should I create multiple SSISDB databases with a suffix in the name to refer to the original server?

Thanks.

• If you are upgrading SQL 2012 to 2016 then you will need to upgrade the packages also or they will fail when run against a 2016 instance. If I were performing this upgrade/migration, I would be re-deploying the projects/packages into the new SSISDB via Visual Studio which can also handle the upgrade process.

• I would create separate folders in the catalog - one for each source system (or some other logical break out).  You can then set different permissions on each folder if needed - separating out what folders the end users can access.  You may not need to upgrade every package - it depends on what components were used in the package, but you should upgrade them anyways to insure they work in the new environment.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply