MSBI CERTIFICATION

• Hi,

I am a sql developer with lil experience on (SSIS,SSAS,SSRS). I earned MS SQL querying 70-461 certification recently. To acquire certification on the above technologies (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS) what certification i need to take? Im little bit confused.

• There isn't a specific certification for BI technologies: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/sql-certification.aspx

MS 70-463 is the BI exam: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/course.aspx?cid=20463

• If you want to be a BI Developer, then you can either go for the MCSE: Business Intelligence or just take a certification exam 70-466 and 70-467 because these are BI related exam. However, note that, these exam requires you to know more about SQL server than just the BI aspect.

My best advice to you is go for the MCSE because you get learn and validate your skills about the SQL stacks and specialized on the BI technologies.

• Hi

I would very much appreciate some clarification on the following:

I understand the SQL Server MCSE: Business Intelligence certification is changing next year (31st March 2017), being replaced with SQL Server MCSE: Data Management and Analytics.

I am qualified as MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014 and working in BI, but am getting some conflicting information about which exams to take shortly in order to upgrade to MCSE. I would be interested in exams 466 and 477.

However, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcse-data-management-analytics.aspx states the steps to MCSE are:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MCSE: Data Management and Analytics

For 2016, this MCSE certification can be earned as follows:

Step 1. Earn one of the following Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certifications:

MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014

MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration

MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development

MCSA: SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development

Step 2. Pass one of the following elective exams during the 2016 calendar year.

Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions - Exam 473

Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions - Exam 475

Developing Microsoft SQL Server Databases - Exam 464

Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server - Exam 465

Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server - Exam 466

Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server - Exam 467

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have to pass two additional exams to get to MCSE Business Intelligence, now it's one suddenly and a different title? And I always thought the calendar year was January to December, not ending March 2017. And yet all the way to 31st March 2017 it seems I can take both 466 and 477 to get a retiring MCSE Business Intelligence award, or just one of 466 or 477 and get an up-to-date MCSE award.

So the question is: as an MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014, to get to MCSE: Data Management and Analytics, do I take one exam before 31st Dec 2016, one exam before 31st Mar 2017, or are the page details wrong and I need to take two exams as it was clear we had to take before?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply