MS SQL Server 2005/64, Windows 2008 R2 OLE DB provider error

• Hello,

When trying to acess data from an excel file, the following error is provided:

OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' cannot be used for distributed queries because the provider is configured to run in single-threaded apartment mode.

Please tell me what's the best method to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Andreea.

Wish you good ideas! 🙂
    Andreea

• I am not sure windows 2008 R2, I know there is no 64 bit Jet ole db provider for 64 bit windows 2003/sql server 2005.

• And if it's the same problem, please can you tell me what is the solution? :Whistling:

Or have someone met with this problem of Sql Server 2005/64 on Windows Server 2008 R2?

Thank you very much

Wish you good ideas! 🙂
    Andreea

• By 64 bit windows 2003/sql 2005, the solution is installed 32 bit ole db provider for jet(should already be installed by windows or SQL server), use a 32bit executible to call the 32 bit ole db driver for jet to load your data. You call the 32 bit executible in your T-SQL (e.g. xp_cmdshell) or in your job step (set command type to operating system).

E.g. 64 bit sql server also installs 32 bit DTSRun.exe. You can use it to run 32 bit SSIS package, which does the data import, in 64 bit machine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply