MS Sql express 2012 local linked with MYSql remote DB c# help

• Hello All,

I have a local MSSQL DB and a online MySql DB that are linked and i can query the mysql in MSSMS. I am trying to make a c# windows app that the user can be offline and fill out the information forms and save the locally until they get internet access to update the online server with the information they have now stored locally. Also there will be some need for getting informations while online from the MYSQL DB back down to the clients local MS DB. This is for Field workers so they will need to pull the proposed job information from the online db and when they are out on the job they may not have internet access so will have to be able to save it locally. I am just really lost on where to start that sync. I have the forms built and have a connection to the online hardcoded but this will not work if they are offline. so any help would be great just kind of searched out and figure i would ask.

Brent

• Ok also i am wondering if linked servers where the way to go here I have tried to use ms sync but the wizard only allows mssql not the mysql connector I have read the posts and pages on using sync with oracle but dont understand how to make it work with mysql so did i just got the wrong way to do what i am wanting to do by linking the servers and if so does anyone know how to code the sync for mysql

• I think Microsoft's solution to this is the Sync Framework. I've never used it before, but there's a reasonable amount of work and planning involved with this kind of architecture.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply