Move txt file from one folder to another using Script task

• Hi All,

I have 2 variable 1.Source and 2.Destination

both variable contain the source file path and destination file path

I want to move all txt file from source to destination using Script task.

When I am trying to configure the File system task it is getting disappear so I have to use script task for movement of file.

could you please help me in that ?

Regards,

Vipin jha

• Sure, use File.move in your script task.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• There should be no reason why the file system task wont move having the source and destination as variables. I use it for all file movements and with an expression to generate file path inside a foreach container. but yes the script task with sytem.io library and file.move will work.

• MikeTomkies (8/18/2015)

There should be no reason why the file system task wont move having the source and destination as variables. I use it for all file movements and with an expression to generate file path inside a foreach container. but yes the script task with sytem.io library and file.move will work.

Iterating round a group of files in a FEL solely for the purposes of moving those files leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth as it feels analogous to RBAR. The FST does not support wildcards, so that's the only option, but it's much tidier to do it in a couple of lines of code, IMO.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply