Model with unrelated tables

• Today I came across a modeling that I did not understand.

I opened a data warehouse project with the following tables:

Dimensions:

- Dim_Store

- Dim_Date

- Dim_Customer

- Dim_Location

Fact:

- FactSales

The fact  FactSales is relating to the above dimensions, so far ok.

But when I open the project in SSAS there are four more tables that do not make any kind of relationship.Can this scenario happen?

_Thanks

• It really depends. Are we talking about a multi-dimensional or tabular cube, and what are the contents of the other tables?

• It can.

• Hi

It is a multi-dimensional cube.

In SSAS for the tables to appear I need to open the cube and click on "Show All Tables"

But when I deploy these non-fact-related tables do not appear in SSAS Databases> ProjectName> Dimensions, only the fact-related tables appear.

Thanks for the feedback.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  kenymaciel.
  • Hi

It is a multi-dimensional cube.

In SSAS for the tables to appear I need to open the cube and click on "Show All Tables"

But when I deploy these non-fact-related tables do not appear in SSAS Databases> ProjectName> Dimensions, only the fact-related tables appear.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Okay, can you tell me which scenario I use these tables that have no relationship with or give me some documents for me to read?

Thanks for the feedback.

• "Show All Tables" in a multi-dimensional SSAS project will show all the tables that were included in the Data Source View. It doesn't mean that those tables are used in your cube. It may have been added to be used in another cube within the same project, or a future version of the cube.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply