Mobile App for SSC

• Do we have a mobile app for SQL Server Central? If not its about time we had one.. Any comments Steve?:-D

• I have no control over this, but I'd beg Steve to not suggest it. Keep the Redgate programmers working on what they're working on.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• We've tried various things, including a mock up for the QotD mobile. The problem for us, as Grant mentioned, is we have lots of other things to do. This site is primarily for people at their jobs and the vast, vast majority use it there. They do it at a laptop/desktop at work.

I'd like to say we will do one, but it's of limited value. We haven't seen many people interested in mobile for what we publish.

• @steve-2,

The idea struck me when I wanted to read the blogs /articles , stairway series via mobile while I was travelling. Doesn't that sound appealing?;-)

Forums are best suited for laptops or desktops, unless you are someone like Grant / Gail / Paul white who have all answers on their fingertips and respond in few seconds 😀

• arr.nagaraj (9/2/2015)

@Steve,

The idea struck me when I wanted to read the blogs /articles , stairway series via mobile while I was travelling. Doesn't that sound appealing?;-)

Forums are best suited for laptops or desktops, unless you are someone like Grant / Gail / Paul white who have all answers on their fingertips and respond in few seconds 😀

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Actually, most of the time, I have to search my books, my blog or the articles I've written to find things that I supposedly know. If I don't know it, I'm off on Bingle with everyone else.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Part of the issue is there are some items in the articles that don't render well on smaller screens. It is was just text, that's fine, but we saw some issues before.

I'll think about it, but it's a low priority. Plenty of people don't want to read about SQL while traveling 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply