Migration from server to server

• I recently migrated from Windows 2003 SBS running SQL 2005 Express along with SSMS 2005 Express. The new server is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and has SQL 2008 R2 Express and SSMS 2008 Express

When I restore the Database it appeared to populate in the LEFT Pane of SSMS but when clicking on an object in the left pane it doesn't show in RIGHT Side Pane.

Why wouldn't info show up on right side of new server whereas it shows up on old server

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • In SQL Server 2005 Management Studio:

View Menu -> Summary (or F7)

In SQL Server 2008 Management Studio:

View Menu -> Object Explorer Details (or F7)

pretty useless though - as soon as you got any query window open the only way to show it is to hit F7 (in both versions)

and the info it shows is also on object explorer

• rrizzojr wrote:

I recently migrated from Windows 2003 SBS running SQL 2005 Express along with SSMS 2005 Express. The new server is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and has SQL 2008 R2 Express and SSMS 2008 Express When I restore the Database it appeared to populate in the LEFT Pane of SSMS but when clicking on an object in the left pane it doesn't show in RIGHT Side Pane. Why wouldn't info show up on right side of new server whereas it shows up on old server

'New' isn't the first word that comes to mind when you mention W2008 and SQL Server 2008! No doubt you have your reasons, but you're missing out on a lot of good stuff ('product support', for example) by being so far behind.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply