Migrated DTS Package

• I have migrated a SQL 2000 DTS Package to SQL 2005 SSIS however, How do I now view the SSIS Package with BIDS? I have no idea where the Migration Wizard has stored the newly migrated DTS Package!

In addition, is it possible to view the SSIS Packages names in SQL Server Management Studio?

Kindest Regards,

• I believe the migration wizard asks you where you wish to store the migrated package files on the second step... You could try rerunning and noting the destination.. as for opening in SSMS, yes, if you do a file/ open and pick the dtsx file, it will open the package.

• Ok thanks for that RH. It looks like you can actually modify the SSIS Package via SSMS instead of doing it through BIDS.

I'm trying to understand SSIS as it is very differnet to DTS. I'll get there, just got to get through the frustration first.

Kindest Regards,

• You could also migrate directly into a BIDS solution.

Right click on Packages node in solution explorer and select Migrate DTS 2000 package.

Rick

• there is also a DTS viewer as part of the feature pack you should download. it lets you view and modify the package in a DTS 2000 environment. I needed it for one of my packages

• That´s correct. I wouldn´t migrate the package but execute it within ssis with the "execute DTS"-Task.

Here you can find the DTS designer for BIDS:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/4/D/44DBDE61-B385-4FC2-A67D-48053B8F9FAD/SQLServer2005_DTS.msi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply