Merge Repl failed with error 2812

• Hi

We have SQL 7 server with merge replication via Internet using FTP. We have 5 users doing this, but 1 has a problem. This user has worked Ok until we forced a reinitialize of their Subscription. When the merge agent was next run, it came up with "Could not find stored procedure 'sp_MSCleanupForPullReinit'.

Can someone tell me where this should be (cannot find it on the Publisher under s. procs in 'distribution') and what it should do and more importantly (!) how I can resolve this problem.

Many thank in advance

Simon

Simon

Simon

• Its in the master db. Looks like to does a bunch of clean up..as you'd expect!

Andy

• Sorry, only answered part of it - I'd say start by seeing if the proc exists on the server or not.

Andy

• Andy

Thanks for that, I found it under master in another subscribers system. However...

It seems that there is a system table missing as well, so it seems as if things are not quite right. Any ideas how this could have happened (and maybe how I can repair it in future, I don't wnat the user to loose any data that they have entered but not merged to the Publicatopn database)

Simon

Simon

Simon

• Not really. Which table was missing? Hard to believe they just randomly disappeared?

Andy

• Andy

'sysmergepublications' is missing. Could it be something to do with asking the Subscriber to Reinitialize the subscription ?

Simon

Simon

Simon

• That sound like a problem caused by different service packs.

Use Select @@Version on all of your servers and verify the service packs are the same on all servers.

If they are all the same then rerun the service packs again. (I have seen servers that say they are a certain service pack but missing procs from that service pack.)

Good Luck

• I just read the latter comments about the missing sysmergepubliccations.

You might have to drop the subscription and re-create it. You will also have to re-sync the databases.

Reinitializing the subscriptions will clean out the msmerge tables but not delete any tables.

You can use sp_MScreate_mergesystables to recreate the lost tables. The tables will however be empty and the subscription probably will not work.

If that is the case, Use EM to drop the subscription and re-create it. You can resend information with sp_mergedummyupdate.

If you have lots of data to resned, use sp_mergedummyupdate in a proc and cycle through published tables resending information by whatever your specific criteria would be.

Good Luck

• This table is stored in the publication and subscription databases. And it only exists if the is a merge publication, the sp however exists either way.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Thnaks everyone for your responses. I have been out of my office today, hence late reply. I will check Service Packs, which I beleive to be a likely idea, and then try everything else.

Wish me luck !!

Simon

Simon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply