Mentoring

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Mentoring

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Early in my career I learned that seeking mentoring relationships would be a great way to learn. I took that to heart, but never found anyone who was interested in mentoring me. I was disappointed not to be able to find someone who would mentor me. I'm sure that delayed me in my career.

Now that I'm older, with more experience, I'd like to pass this along. I've been surprised, again, to find that younger professionals aren't interested in learning from me, or anyone else for that matter. This has really puzzled me because I've seen them make mistakes over and over. I've demonstrated to them how what they do rests in poor software that will be buggy and cause users' problems. Then I've seen them just go right back to writing poor code in exactly the same I've demonstrated will cause problems.

I've had it bad, throughout my career, when it comes to mentoring. No one wanted to mentor me when I was getting started. No one I work with wants to listen, they just couldn't care less.

For that reason, I try to blog, when time permits. Hopefully someone will get something out of my blog posts.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply