Memory error: The operation cannot be completed because the memory quota estimate (4095MB).....

• Memory error: The operation cannot be completed because the memory quota estimate (4095MB) exceeds the available system memory (1996MB).

Been stuck with the error for a few days now ..... could really use some help.

The error occurs when processing a vldm in SSAS , have tried different process methods add , update , full (was performed quite some time back)

SQL Server 2005 32 bit , sp 2 with /3gb switch and AWE enabled in OS and SQL.

Total RAM is 8 GB and perfmon counter show atleast 3.5 GB RAM available throughout the processing . The Dimension has 2 columns with varchar(2000) and the underlying table is 17GB in size with approx 33 mil records. SQL Server max memory has been set to everything from running vakues to max of 4 GB. Also tried using a Warm and Cold cache before processing. other SSAS propeties like memory limit enabled is set to false and buffer limit is set 60 % any other suggestions that might help would really be appreciated.

I am fairly confident I have read every post and article on Perfomance tuning of SSAS and this particular issue, so I really have run out of options 🙁

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• Please don't cross post. It just wastes people's time and fragments replies.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to the following

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic496050-147-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply