Median Values in SSRS

• Hello Everyone,

I have used the the following code to calculate the Median values for employee salary in SSRS.

Dim values As System.Collections.ArrayList

Function AddValue(ByVal newValue As Decimal)

If (values Is Nothing) Then

values = New System.Collections.ArrayList()

End If

values.Add(newValue)

End Function

Function GetMedian() As Decimal

Dim count As Integer = values.Count

If (count > 0) Then

values.Sort()

GetMedian = values(count / 2)

End If

End Function

The median values look fine in the development. However, after I deployed the report to the server and run the report in Internet Explore, all median values are showing up as 0.00. I do not get.

Please help.

Thanks

• One way to get around this is to calculate the median before it get's to SSRS. For example, say you are getting your data from a SQL Server Stored Procedure you could calculate the median in the stored procedure.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• How to write a SQL query in SSRS expression?

Something like = Select * from ...

thanks

• fliu2265 (10/26/2015)

How to write a SQL query in SSRS expression?

Something like = Select * from ...

thanks

You create a dataset, do your query there, then reference the value of the dataset in an expression.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply