MDX help

• I have a calculation similar to below that I need to do without defining a seperate member (it's for a graph web part in sharepoint so have limited options), is there a way of doing this? {([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number])} is fine, but {100 * ([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number])} causes an error.

WITH

MEMBER [Measure].MyCalc] As

' 100 * ([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number]) / ([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number])', SOLVE_ORDER = 1 , FORMAT_STRING = '##.##'

select

{[Measure].[MyCalc]} on columns

from

[myCube]

thanks,

Phil Nicholas

• Hey Phil,

I think the problem is probably in where the *100 is.  Have you tried {([Dim1].[All].[Yes], ([Measures.[Number] * 100))} ?  This should multiply the measure value by 100 rather than trying to multiply the tuple by 100.

Steve.

• select

{[100 * ([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number]) / ([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number])}on columns

from

[myCube]

or

select

{100 * ([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number])}on columns

from

[myCube]

or

select

{ ([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number]) * 100}on columns

from

[myCube]

all generate a syntax error..

Phil Nicholas

• Operations are not permited in the select clause, you have to create a new calculated member, something like this:

with member [Measures].[Calculated] as '([Dim1].[All].[Yes],[Measures].[Number]) * 100'
    select

{ [Measures].[Calculated] }on columns

from

[myCube]

• Thanks for the confirmation, I'll have to get back to the tool provider to get a work around..

Phil Nicholas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply