MCITP: Data Architect

• I am about to take my Exam 70-450 to complete my MCITP:DBA. My next area of study will be the MCITP:BI track. However, my current position is as a Data Architect. I am climbing the learning curve on Master Data Services, Policy Management and Auditing for SQL Server 2008 R2. I think that this stuff is different enough that it should have it's own certification path. Hence my suggestion that Microsoft create a new MCITP:Data Architect certification. What do you think?

• If you post it on Microsoft Connect, people can vote for/against it, and Microsoft gets the suggestion there.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• There is a Microsoft Certified Architect certification for SQL Server. It's not an ITP though...

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/architect.aspx

The ITP exams are aimed at people with 3 or more years experience. I would argue that an Architect should have a lot more than that.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I think we should have more certifications, and each of them harder with specializations in different areas. Good idea to post on Connect. If you do post, and I'd post a junior architect cert of some kind, drop a link here for people to vote on it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply