MCDBA Vs MCITP

• MCDBA Vs MCITP which is better?

Hi Guys,

I'm coming from Networking background.

I've been hired in a new company to be their Corporate DBA, therefore I change my path to Database Administration, and I accepted the challenge because i really like it and i wanted to do it, my boss is welling to help me by suggesting to attend and implement MS-Cert in this path, which will help me in my future career.

I need your advice about what is much better for me as a new DBA, MCDBA Vs MCITP?

My Environment:

Database of 2GB size, and MS-SQL server 2k Standard Edition, OS: Windows 2000 server/Pro.

Bare in mind that:

1. I have the basic knowledge of SQL server as I'm in charge of taking care of the back-up since I was in my previous company,

2. I do some basic Scripts "Select * from Tab" etc.

3. I have attended a course of Oracle Certified Expert (OCA) since long time ago in Oracle 9i but i didn't went to the Exam

4. I can create new Database "Both in Oracle, MS-SQL server" and then restore it from existing one so i can play with it.

Also I know that MCDBA is designed for MS-SQL server 2k vs MCITP is designed for MS-SQL server 2k5.

Is it right about the fact that attending the recent courses in MCITP is much better as it will be more info compared to MCDBA, and It's like hitting two birds with one stone?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Regards

• Hi

My view would be to do the latest. You can always build on your training.

Mike

• Have you considered the MCTS certification that has just been released. 4 courses with one exam. There are various tracks for you to go down (e.g. admin v. BI, etc.).

• If you're looking at your future career, I would strongly suggest MCDBA to start with, then progress onto MCITP - there are going to be a lot of SQL 2000 installations for a while, and why not get both - it shows a willingness to learn and progress. And, it wont hurt your future employment prospects !!

• Sorry Simon, I would not recommend pursuing the MCDBA unless you've already started that exam track. Microsoft will be ending mainstream support for SQL 2000 around April of NEXT YEAR. Why become an expert on yesterday's technology?

You can get SQL 2005 certified by taking the first MCTS exam, and then follow either the developer or DBA track towards the MCITP. Neither requires the Windows networking exams like the old MCDBA, but instead focuses on what really matters - lots of new features in 2005.

What's more, according to a recent webcast there are only 2,000 people world-wide that hold MCITP. Compare that to 100's of thousands with MCDBA.

• Hi,

I have done the MCDBA certification I want to upgrade it to MCITP with teh upgrade exam(70-447).I want to know the books which i should refer for this?Please help.

Regards,

S.Srivathsani

• Thank you guys for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Here is a link it will help for MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit Exam 70-444

http://rs62.rapidshare.com/files/9677191/MCITP_Self-Paced_Training_Kit_Exam_70-444.rar

• Hi Naseer,

I am not able to download the file.Is it possible for you to put it in some other location or send it by mail?My mail id is srivathsani@yahoo.co.in.

I am in dire need of this book.Please help.

• Hi,

I just download the .rar file, but to extract the file, it prompts the password to encrypt the file.

Kindly share the password to extract the .rar file.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards...

• Hey Senthil,

I am not able to download the file.Please help me.It says you have reached teh limit of teh free users.Can you share the file with me?

Regards,

S.Srivathsani

• THE PASSWORD to open is: http://www.ebooksportal.org

If it doesn't open or say wrong password, just download it again and use the same password.

Good luck.

Naser

• Hi naseer,

I am not able to download the file.It says u have reached the maximum limit for free users.Can u plz help me?

Regards,

Sri

• Does anyone have Study Guide 70-447 for Upgrade Exam MCDBA. Please, Pass the link preferably in Rapidshare, onto my e-mail please.

zulfikar.abdulaziz@gmail.com

Thnx n Cheers !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply