Matrix report subtotal formatting

• I have just started working with the Reporting Sevices beta this week.  I am working on a Matrix report with 3 levels of grouping with a total/subtotal row. The subtotal or total is actually the same textbox.  I would like to be able to change the textbox properties when the subtotal or total prints.  You can change the formatting with expressions, but I'm not sure what the expression would be.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kathi

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I don't understand what you mean by "The subtotal or total is actually the same textbox", are you using the in-built subtotal option in the matrix layout? This shows a seperate textbox for the subtotals. You can then format the data by right-clicking on the small green triangle in the top-right of the textbox.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Thanks!  That was what I needed to know.  The totals and subtotals were always picking up the formatting of the data cell -- that is what I meant by "the same textbox".  By right-clicking the green triangle, I am now able to format the totals and sub-totals the way I want.

Kathi

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply