Master database resotration failed

• Hi Iam trying to restore Master database from Varitas tool but my restoration was failed with below error......

--------------------------------------------------------------

TIMESTAMP 20091009194435

MASTERSERVER VMS-RMC301-VL150.EBR.DYNAMIC.IN.TELSTRA.COM.AU

CLIENT WSSANMGT0036

INSTANCE WSSANMGT0036

DATABASE master

OPERATION RESTORE

OBJECTTYPE DATABASE

STATUS -1

INFO ODBC message. ODBC return code <-1>, SQL State <08S01>, Message Text <[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Shared Memory Provider: The pipe has been ended. >

INFO <[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Communication link failure>

INFO Error found executing <restore database "master" from VIRTUAL_DEVICE='VNBU0-4820-2016' with blocksize = 65536, maxtransfersize = 65536, buffercount = 1, replace , recovery>

INFO ODBC message. ODBC return code <-1>, SQL State <08S01>, Message Text <[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]General network error. Check your network documentation.>

INFO <[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionRead (recv()).>

INFO Unable to login into SQL instance <WSSANMGT0036\> as user <> using standard connection

INFO Error 64 has been returned from QuerySQLServerInfo

ENDOPER TRUE

----------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please help me and let me know how to i troubleshoot the restoration.i have started SQL in single user mode and try to restore of Master database.but i got above error.

• has anything else taken the single connection before the restore?. test by trying to connect via SQLcmd

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• make sure the sql agent is disabled, that can take up a connection.

hope that helps,

Steve

• You should copy the backup from Veritas Tool Tape to physical disk before to start the restore process.

SNM

Try Free Microsoft SQL Server Data Collector & Performance Monitor.

http://www.analyticsperformance.com[/url]

@nalyticsperformance - Microsoft SQL Server & Windows Server Free Data Collector

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply