Maintenance plan and Send report to an email recipient

• All,

I am running SQL2005 and have setup Database mail (yes the test mail was successful) and a SQL Server Agent, Operator (also successful with test mail).

I have several maintenance plans and I would like to receive email notification each time they run. I thought checking "Send report to an email recipient" And selecting the proper Agent operator in Reporting and Logging of a maintenance plan, would do the trick.

Unfortunately I see nothing in my inbox regardless of whether the maintenance plans suceeds of fails.

What am I missing? Any suggestions?

thanks a bunch!

• Assumed you first have database mail profile configured. You then need to enable it and associate it with the Operator (right-click SQL Server Agent > Properties > Alert System). Restart the SQL Server Agent service. Finally, go to the maintenance job and select the Operator for notification.

• Thanks for your reply dbychen.

I am quite sure the database mail is configured properly. I was able to send a test message from it. I also did associate Operator. After rebooting the SQL server, I was able to send a test message from this as well. The last part from the maintenance plan seems to fail. the Maintenance plan does permit me to select the operator.

On the side, I was able to setup a SQL server Agent --> Alert successfully, indicating most of this config must be ok.

• The last part from the maintenance plan seems to fail. the Maintenance plan does permit me to select the operator.

As a workaround for that, you could try to set up this by going to the job that your maintenance plan created ,

property-->>notifications--->>email-->operator-->>when complete/fails..

• Works like a charm

Thanks Sunny!

• I have just experienced the same problem last night.

My mail notifications work fine in "test" and set up from the "job" level BUT

when I tried "Send Report to an Email Recipient" I do not get mail.

It looks like according to the DBMail log that it doens't even try to send an email.

I am using 3042.

It must be a bug?

Thx

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply