Lookup Transformation - Urgent

• Hi Team,

I have a data flow which loads data from Source SQL to destination SQL tables . In between transformation i have a lookup to fetch the Fkeys of Dimensions . In case of missing dimensions ,the requirements is to fill null with that column and continue transformations.

At present missing dimension records completely ignored and processed for next , Is this can be handled in lookup transformation to load with null?

• At this point issue is resolved . I have taken out the lookup transformation , instead used join at source . But still curious to know if this situation can be handled through Lookup.

• The only way i think you could achieve this would be to redirect the lookup error output add a derived column with null value then process the row.

Similar to what i do for lookup if match process as update with match key. if no match (error output) i insert with no key needed (identity).

PS. Depending on SSIS version there are different ways to process output. In 2012 now you have for options to process non matched output. 1 ignore 2. fail 3.redirect to error output 4. redirect to no match output. so i guess in your case specify "redirect rows to no match output" and process that flow differently(adding any derived columns with null values). In 2005 yo set error config to redirect row and process the row on error output. not sure on other versions in between 2005 and 2012 but have just noticed the difference between the two versions i use when answering your question.

• Thanks for your suggestion . 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply