Long topic titles getting cut off? I could keep going on and on and on

• Am I doing something odd? It seems that a lot of long titles/questions that would appear in the title get truncated from every display, and I have no idea how to see the rest of it. It seems that others are seeing the rest of it, since they're responding.

For example - take this thread (just picked one that seems to do it).

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic432686-169-1.aspx

To me the display (both from the recent posts list) and from within the topic shows up as

What is the different between SQL MANGEMENT...

..and what? the rest of the question seems to be gone in my display settings. Rolling over it just shows the description line. I would then have to base my answers on whatever other info I can infer from whatever anyone ELSE posts.

Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: the one view where it DOESN'T truncate for me is the "forum view" (i.e. actually going in to the actual forum and browsing for it.) . The others seem to truncate after x characters and you can't really see the whole topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• It's cut off in the searches, and I agree. It's annoying. It is in the title of the browser if you open it and it's also in the forum view as noted.

Not sure we'll change this, but I'll pass along to InstantForum (the code vendor) and see if they'll change this.

• I hadn't noticed the window title. That should help a lot. Good enough for now....

Thanks Steve!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply