Logshipping copy job failure

• Hi Team,
    I am trying to setup logshipping from PROD to DR, and my copy job fails with following error.

2018-01-14 08:15:14.12    Retrieved copy settings. Primary Server: 'Servername\InstanceName', Primary Database: 'DatabaseName', Backup Source Directory: '\\ServerName\LogShip_Backup', Backup Destination Directory: 'F:\LogShip_Backup', Last Copied File: '<None>'
    2018-01-14 08:15:14.13    Copying log backup files. Primary Server: 'Servername\InstanceName', Primary Database: 'DatabaseName', Backup Source Directory: '\\ServerNameL\LogShip_Backup', Backup Destination Directory: 'F:\LogShip_Backup'
    2018-01-14 08:15:14.17    *** Error: Access to the path '\\ServerNameL\LogShip_Backup' is denied.(mscorlib) ***

I have provide read/write to the share for SQL Service acct from DR(Secondary) server, so, not sure what other acct should be added to share?

Any thoughts on this plz.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• Did you check if the agent service account on dr server has read/write access on the shares(back up and copy directories). Check share security properties. Just try to manually access the folders from dr sql server. Use server name or IP address.

• Just use the above steps as a starting point.

• SQL!$@w$0ME - Sunday, January 14, 2018 11:13 AM

Did you check if the agent service account on dr server has read/write access on the shares(back up and copy directories). Check share security properties. Just try to manually access the folders from dr sql server. Use server name or IP address.

Thanks....when I double check, I noticed SQL Server agent was running under different service acct, so I added that as well to the share security and now it's working.
    Thanks again.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• SQLisAwE5OmE - Monday, January 15, 2018 1:06 PM

SQL!$@w$0ME - Sunday, January 14, 2018 11:13 AM

Did you check if the agent service account on dr server has read/write access on the shares(back up and copy directories). Check share security properties. Just try to manually access the folders from dr sql server. Use server name or IP address.

Thanks....when I double check, I noticed SQL Server agent was running under different service acct, so I added that as well to the share security and now it's working.
    Thanks again.

you need to ensure the account is added to share and ntfs permission sets

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply