"Lock request time out period exceeded" for extended property

• For extended property update query "Lock request time out period exceeded" Error comes.

It is not solved even after 30 minutes , but solved after exe is closed.

We are not using begin/commit transactions in our code but connection is global.

Why lock on one particular table is not released(in our case extended property update query)?

Error :

Lock request time out period exceeded. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

------------------------------
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.50.6000&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=1222&LinkId=20476

Server Name: PC\SQLEXPRESS,25111
    Error Number: 1222
    Severity: 16
    State: 56
    Procedure: sp_updateextendedproperty
    Line Number: 36

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ConnectionManager.ExecuteTSql(ExecuteTSqlAction action, Object execObject, DataSet fillDataSet, Boolean catchException)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)?
  • Why are you starting a new thread on the same question?

Why lock on one particular table is not released(in our case extended property update query)?

Do you seriously believe that anyone here can answer that question without any access to your system? All I can say is that there is a lock on the table of some sort.

I think I said this in my previous reply, but you can use my beta_lockinfo to investigate what locking and blocking you have in your system, http://www.sommarskog.se/sqlutil/beta_lockinfo.html. You are the one who need to run it, because you are the one who have access to the system. If you need help with interpreting the output, we can assist. But we cannot answer "why?" without knowledge. We can only give you advice how to troubleshoot.

[font="Times New Roman"]Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply