localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

• Hi,

I'm learning SSRS 2017 for the first time. After installed Reporting Service 2017, managed to setup Report Server Configuration, I cannot open the Web Service URL, although Web Portal is accessible. It is keep saying "localhost is currently unable to handle this request."

This also effected when running Report Builder, after download it from that Web Portal, after it is said "This report requires a connection to the report server http://localhost:80/ReportServer2017 (this is my Web Service URL name). You have not connected to this report server before, and the connection is not secure. Do you want to continue ?"

After click "Yes", and trying to connecting, error saying connection failed.

Need advice what should I do to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Hello,

I did go to Site Setting and add my user id (although it is my local notebook and not connected to any domain) to this Site Setting and give role System Administration and System User my self.

Did also to Manage Folder setting, and added again my user Id over there and gave all the role as Browser, Content Manager, My Reports, Publisher, and Report Builder.

Doing the same with the Built-in/Administrator user, gave all the role.

Still when open Report Builder and trying to connect to Report Server, it give same error.

Please kindly help.

Thanks

• Hello,

Is there anyone here which kind enough to help ?

Thanks

• Make sure the URLs are configured, check the URLs in Reporting Services Configuration Manager and then Check the SSRS trace log for errors when you are trying to connect.

Sue

• Hi Sue,

Thanks for replying, FYI this in on my local notebook, so the URL is my computer name:80/[virtualdirectoryname]

With that sense, I believe the URL that I tried to run is correct. Also I ran it from Report Server Configuration Manager - tab Web Service URL itself, as I described in my initial topic.

As for SSRS Trace log, mind to guide me where should I look ?

Thanks,

• You use the web portal URL to connect to the portal or to use Report Builder, not the web services URL.

Sue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply