Loading multiple Rows in table from single row of input

• I have a website that is running on a SQL 2005 database. Whenever a new user is created, four tables are populated with data. Using an SSIS package with OLE DB Destinations I've successfully been able to populate three of those tables because they are one to one. Meaning for every user created those tables get one new row. My fourth table is the AccountOptions table. This table will create 34 rows for every new user.

There are only three columns in this table as shown below. The data being populated in this table with the exception of the account id will be the same for every new user. This data is not coming from an outside source but instead will be "hard coded".

This step is flowing out of a multicast and all four tables are being populated simultaniously. I've tried a few different things with no success. Does anyone have an idea for the best way to accomplish this?

acc_id acc_opt_type acc_opt_value

8accountAllow

8accountReceivablen

8addressModn

8altCarriern

8attempts

8browseViewd

8calcAvailMetha

8catalogName8

8cod

8creditAllow

8creditReqb

8display_cinn

8display_uomd

8dispPickuplocationd

8emailDoc

8endOrderMessagen

8endOrderMessageText

8freightCalc0

8hide_inn

8holdCode

8homePaged

8inquiryOnlyn

8maxOpenInvoices1000

8maxPaidInvoices1000

8openDaysBackDateAge7

8openDaysBackDateInv7

8orderConfDocd

8orderConfirmd

8orderEntryy

8paidDaysBackDateAge7

8pl_group_id

8pwChangen

8quantAvailn

8quoteEntryn

8quoteReleasen

8reviewCode

8showQuantIfAvailn

8soldToModn

8statusDays7

8stockAmountv

Thanks for any help you might give.

Smick

• You could do the following:

1. Create a "NewAccounts_Work" table.

2. Add the fourth stream into the New Accounts work.

3. Create a "NewAccount_Template" table. This would have all the User Option types and their default values. There would be one row for each option.

4. Create a SQL Task the would run after the other steps are complete.

5. This task would do an insert using a join between the NewAccounts_Work and NewAccounts_Template. The join condition could be just 1=1 or something like that so you would get 34 rows in the output for each row in the NewAccounts_work.

6. Delete all the records in the NewAccounts_Work so it is ready for next time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply