List Of Data Driven Subscriptions

• Hello,

I am trying to find who a report is being sent to in reportserver, but I can not see it in extensionsettings in the subscriptions table because it is a data driven subscription. Where would I be able to find a list of people it is being sent to or at least the query that is in that field in reportserver?

Thanks in advance

• jonathan44 - Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:02 PM

Hello,

I am trying to find who a report is being sent to in reportserver, but I can not see it in extensionsettings in the subscriptions table because it is a data driven subscription. Where would I be able to find a list of people it is being sent to or at least the query that is in that field in ssrs?

Thanks in advance

Go in to edit the subscription in Report Manager. Click through to the third page I think (around there). You'll find the query being used to get the email addresses.

Sue

• Is there a way to query that info info in the database? I find it hard to believe that ssrs isn't storing the details of who is receiving an email from a data driven subscription. I would have thought that ssrs would have utilized the sysmail_ tables in the msdb. How do people monitor whose getting what in ssrs w/o having to manually go and check the subscription. I'm trying to automate an alert of all reports going out and who they are sent to as well. Am i missing something?

• Sue_H - Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:17 PM

jonathan44 - Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:02 PM

Hello,

I am trying to find who a report is being sent to in reportserver, but I can not see it in extensionsettings in the subscriptions table because it is a data driven subscription. Where would I be able to find a list of people it is being sent to or at least the query that is in that field in ssrs?

Thanks in advance

Go in to edit the subscription in Report Manager. Click through to the third page I think (around there). You'll find the query being used to get the email addresses.

Sue

I was able to find it there but I also found it in the reportserver in the subscriptions table under the datasettings column. Thanks!

• Snargables - Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:59 AM

Is there a way to query that info info in the database? I find it hard to believe that ssrs isn't storing the details of who is receiving an email from a data driven subscription. I would have thought that ssrs would have utilized the sysmail_ tables in the msdb. How do people monitor whose getting what in ssrs w/o having to manually go and check the subscription. I'm trying to automate an alert of all reports going out and who they are sent to as well. Am i missing something?

If you go to the reportserver and go to the subscriptions table, there is a column called extensionsettings that has a list of all the emails in xml format. I just found that there is a column called datasettings also in the subscriptions table that has the data driven subscriptions.

• jonathan44 - Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:42 AM

Sue_H - Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:17 PM

jonathan44 - Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:02 PM

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Sue

I was able to find it there but I also found it in the reportserver in the subscriptions table under the datasettings column. Thanks!

The email address is in the extension settings of the subscription table for regular subscriptions.
    Data driven subscriptions use a query - it's meant to be dynamic so the emails addresses use a query and aren't stored as they are for regular subscriptions. The query is in the command text tags for the xml in the data settings column but updating that is not supported. Technically the only thing supported for queries would be the execution log views. That's why the tables are not documented. It's not really a relational database design so there are plenty of unexpected consequences when people update the tables directly.

Sue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply