List instances hosting similarly named databases

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item List instances hosting similarly named databases

John Rogerson
    BI Technical Lead
    Clear Channel International

• I run your script on sql server 2014 and 2016 instances and it doesn't return any results.

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• This is not intended as a generic script you can just copy, paste, and run and get results. It needs a little light editing to make it work in your environment.

The first element that needs changing is the database mapping (the common database identifier used in my script was "ODS" - and the full database names are, for example, [Acme_ODS_NewZealand], [Acme_ODS_Australia]). So you would need to change "ODS" to an common identifying word used in the databases in your environment.

The other element that needs changing is the naming pattern of the linked servers. The script uses "MASTER" and "SLAVE" to identify the linked servers used in our environments - and the full linked server names could be, for example, [YOGI_MASTER_BOOBOO], [YOGI_SLAVE01_BOOBOO], [YOGI_SLAVE02_BOOBOO]. so you need to edit the code replacing "MASTER" and "SLAVE" with patterns that match linked server names used in your environment.

John Rogerson
    BI Technical Lead
    Clear Channel International

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply