linked server problem

• I have tried to run a query on a linked server and i get this message the linked server is on two other instances on this server and are both working fine. this one has been setup the same this linked server in informix. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before, I have set the remote logins the same and the timeouts too to no avail.

Error Message

---------------------

Executed as user: SQL. OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7399) Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed] [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7312) Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed] [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7312) Unable to load locale categories.] [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7312) OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ]. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7300)

• sorry guys looks like I have sorted this one out on my own in the end. It was a problem with cached credentials, I had no choice but to restart the server as a instance restart did not solve the problem. I did not want to do that. but it could not be helped.

Cheers again if you looked at this.

Regards,

Terry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply