Link account to multiple email adresses

• Just curious if anymore thought has been given to this idea?  Have it set up similar to how LinkedIn does it.

Here is a link where this was discussed about 8 months ago.
    https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/1798188/Email-or-Username?PageIndex=4#bm1827663

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• We could, though I'm not sure how much of a priority this could be. We ought to have some recovery, but have never had an issue.

What purpose would you want for this? Not arguing, just trying to gather some info that might make a case.

• I guess I wanted this because of the reason I needed it last year.  I used to have my work email address associated with my account. Password was being saved be IE or Chrome and I had lost what it even was.  When I lost my job last year I had no way of going into my account here and changing it to use my home address.  I would like to be able to have any notifications or emails to be sent to my new work email since I'm usually asking or responding to questions from work.  But keep my home email address associated with my account, just not send notifications to that one.  That way, if in the future this situation happens again(I hope not!) I can easily get into my account and change it to start sending the notifications to my home email or new work email.

I was just reviewing some old posts and came across this and thought I would ask again.

• That makes sense. I'd hope that your previous employer would have someone checking mail for a time and could forward on a reset, but I understand.

It makes sense.  I am thinking to take  over some development next year, and  maybe implement  at least an email recovery system. Adding a second email might be easy. Adding lots, might not be, but maybe there's a good way to do this that allows for recovery from multiple places.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Monday, July 3, 2017 1:14 PM

That makes sense. I'd hope that your previous employer would have someone checking mail for a time and could forward on a reset, but I understand.

It makes sense.  I am thinking to take  over some development next year, and  maybe implement  at least an email recovery system. Adding a second email might be easy. Adding lots, might not be, but maybe there's a good way to do this that allows for recovery from multiple places.

Just curious if this is something you will be looking at this year.  Still seems like a good idea to me.

• Not likely. We are looking at a new registration system, and an update to the site.

The work will probably keep a similar profile for users, but I'll ask if we could actually store two emails in it and use one in the forum stuff. Not sure what the linkage is there.

• Hi. I have similar situation and I would like to add another my work mail. Now I should make two different accounts

• We are doing work on a new site now. I've asked if this is in there, but I might suggest forwarding notifications with a rule to work and leaving the account on a personal email.

• If you are making changes how about changing the view of your 'Replies', so it has a 'Date of Last Change'.

I brought this up in this thread:  https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/1930136/Need-simpler-way-to-see-a-list-of-my-posts-and-possible-replies-to-them#bm1967227

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply