Line + Bar in a single chart

• Is it possible to have line and bar chart in a single chart??

Kindly help me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Hi,

I think this is possible, you will need to plot all the data in a bar or column chart , make sure that the data for the line is a separate value. You can then edit the appearance of this value by going into the chart properties, data tab and then select the value and edit and then go to appearance tab and at the bottom of the window check the 'plot data as line' check box.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks Abs-225476.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Awesome, didnt realise this was possible. I really need to get into charting in a big way. Does anyone know of a resource which displays what is possible in 2008?

• Abs-225476 (12/23/2009)Hi,

I think this is possible, you will need to plot all the data in a bar chart or column chart , make sure that the data for the line is a separate value. You can then edit the appearance of this value by going into the chart properties, data tab and then select the value and edit and then go to appearance tab and at the bottom of the window check the 'plot data as line chart check box.

Hope this helps.

Oh, I can't agree more with you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply