Learning Intentionally with a List

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Learning Intentionally with a List

• I've a goal to get a commit accepted into an open source project.

For me this sets a clear target and a quality gate to reach

• Good article, Steve. I really appreciate your suggestion of putting monthly reminders into Outlook to check on your progress! I'm going to adopt that.

This year, for me, as been better than most. At work we tend to stay with older technologies, so it's harder to be challenged there. At the end of 2020 I decided that I'm going to try to contribute to some open-source projects. So far, I've done some but want to do more. I even made a small change, then submitted a PR which was accepted. (It wasn't a big change, @davidpoole. In fact, it would have been more surprising if my change hadn't been accepted, because it was obvious.)

One thing I'm getting better at through work, is using some features of Azure I've never tried before. A couple weeks ago I got a Docker Container up and running. As it turned out, it wouldn't work for what I was trying to do, so I tore it down. Nevertheless, I've done something that I've never done before, which pleases me. Glad I could do this for work.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Rod at work. Reason: changed the mention

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Getting PRs accepted is always cool. I tend to do more in MS Docs, but it's nice when they take my changes.

Docker is very cool. I need to get back to my series.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply